General Beach InformationIf youve got a question about one of the citys beaches please feel free to call the General Beach Information Hotline. Each of the five boroughs has its own hotline, so be sure to copy down the following numbers:
- Staten Island: (718) 390-8020
- The Bronx (718) 430-1858
- Queens (718) 520-5936
- Brooklyn (718) 965-8941
- Manhattan (718) 408-0243
Brooklyn BeachesIf youre planning on taking some time off in Brooklyn, be sure to check out the following beaches!
- Brighton Beach Brighton Beach is a cultural diverse neighborhood located in the southwestern corner of Brooklyn. Named after a resort in England, Brighton Beach is the perfect place to kick back and relax after a long week in NYC. A local favorite, Brighton Beach is always bustling with activity so be sure to arrive early in order to find a prime parking spot youre AAMCAR Car Rental New York City rent-a-car. A lifeguard patrols the beach 7 days a week from 10AM to 6PM.
- Other beaches in Brooklyn include the Coney Island Beach.
Staten Island Beaches
- Great Kills Park Located on Hylan Blvd, Great Kills Park is a part of the Gateway National Recreation Area. Here you will find plenty of jogging paths, off-shore fishing areas and even a marina, so be sure to stop by in your upcoming AAMCAR CAR Rental, New York City rent-a-car! Great Kills Park is a great place to reconnect with nature, so be sure to stop by in your upcoming car rental.
- Other Beaches on Staten Island include the South and Midland Beaches and the Franklin D. Roosevelt Boardwalk.
- Rockaway Beach Rockaway Beach is the place to be if youre looking to hit up some serious waves! This surfing haven is located between 9th and 49th Street, providing sun worshippers with plenty of soft sand and heavy waves. Numerous handball courts are also located along the beach providing hours of active entertainment.
Beach in the Bronx
- Orchard Beach Orchard Beach is one of the citys prettiest man-made beaches, providing visitors with endless sunshine and tons of fun! Located within the Pelham Bay Park at Orchard Beach Road, Orchard Beach is known as the mile long Riviera of New York. Built by Robert Moses, Orchard beach features 26 tennis/basketball/paddleball courts along with a hexagonal boardwalk. The neighboring Pelham Bay Park is three times the size of Central Park.
- Manhattan Beach Although Manhattan Beach is actually part of Brooklyn it is still considered to be a Manhattan hotspot. Here youll find amazing views of Breezy Point and the Atlantic Ocean, so be sure to park that AAMCAR Car Rental New York City car rental. Other activities at Manhattan Beach include sun bathing, biking and Frisbee. Other beaches in and around New York City include Sandy Hook Beach (a legal nude beach in New Jersey), Main Beach in the East Hamptons and, of course, the sandy shores of Long Beach.